September 10, 2009

My first actual nail art, and a manicure!

I say "actual nail art" because even though I've done non-traditional french tips, I feel even non-traditional ones are pretty standard that I can't really count them as nail art anymore. Anyway, about a week and a half ago, I really wanted to do words/letters on my nails since I'd never done it before. In Lady GaGa's song LoveGame, there's the lyric "do you want love, or you want fame?" so I decided to do "Love" on one hand and "Fame" on the other (I love her so I definitely wanted something related to her). Like I said, that was my first time doing it so it's not as good as I'd hoped it would be. But I thought it came out alright for what it was :). These are indoor/artificial light/no flash. I used Zoya's Dovima Matte, and "Love" is in Essie's Flirty Fuschia while "Fame" is in China Glaze's GR8.



I know this goes without saying, but this color is about 5x more neon in person. Like, "ow oh my god my eyes they BURN" neon.


Yeah...something went wrong somewhere with my middle finger :/


On Thursday me and my mom went to go get manicures...I love our nail salon because they have discontinued OPI colors like Rinse Charming, and the color I picked out this week. Greenwich Green!


This is indoors/flash so you can see the shimmer in it. Sadly my camera can't do the super super close macro shots, but you get an idea.



outdoors/no flash/indirect sunlight.



I don't know if I can fully call this a green though...It's either gold or olive based, I really can't tell. It seems like it changes depending on how you look at it.


And here's my mom's manicure, she picked out OPI's Romeo and Joliet. These pictures are a little bigger than the previous ones I've had up, so you can see the gorgeous shimmer it has!


outdoors/indirect sunlight/flash


outdoors/indirect sunlight/no flash. You can REALLY see the shimmer here, it doesn't...well...shimmer, but you can see it anyway.



That's all for now! In a few days I'll be doing the new China Glaze glitter I got (Atlantis) that I'm pretty much drooling over...I can't wait to try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment